Thursday, January 13, 2011

On the Radio

I don't really listen to the radio very much. We just jam to WNYC in the car in the mornings, and really, that's all I need. I play this game with myself where I have 1 week to figure out which song from my iPod is being used as that week's interstitial music on the morning program. Past "winners" have included songs by Akron/Family and Grizzly Bear. Pretty cool.

WNYC isn't really about music, though, and I have no problems with that. Today, however, they played this song I really liked by some Iranian band called the Mast. The song is called "Wild Poppies."



You can download the song on wnyc.org by clicking on "Culture" and scrolling down some.

This song reminds me a lot of my lovely girls in Warpaint. Here's my current favorite, "Billie Holiday."

No comments:

Post a Comment