Monday, September 6, 2010

Laborin' on That There "No Laborin' Day"



Please press play. This song is the non-sensical and largely irrelevant soundtrack to this post. Also, I just stinking love this song. This is, in my opinion, THE best Killers song. "Read My Mind" is even better than "Mr. Brightside." Yes, it is.

So a couple of similarly irrelevant things:
  • I got a new iPod! YAY! It's a 16GB Product Red nano. One of the older ones, thank you very much. Those new ones are ugly as sin.
  • School starts tomorrow and I am STILL doing homework. I haven't put any of my stuff together, either. And, like, oh my gawd, you guys! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO WEAR! This is veering into cutting it dangerously close. I may be doomed. Tell me I am not doomed. This is supposed to be my senior year and I have never been this unprepared ever. Perhaps there is a correlation! 


(Click for bigger.) Uh-oh.

Look! I am continuing to procrastinate by writing this largely sans-point post! Sacre bleu! What is going on here? What is happening to me? Why am I incapable of staying on task? Must...complete...Spanish homework...without...posting clips of high school related things okay I am totally going to post clips of high school related things god I hate everything

HIGH SCHOOL RELATED THINGS!:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is easily my favorite high school movie ever. It's also one of my favorite movies ever, period.



We've been watching Freaks and Geeks on IFC all summer. It's amazing. Here's the best part from the episode they showed on Friday. (The Spanish subtitles are unintentionally helping me sweat even more vigorously and worry even more about my still incomplete Spanish homework!)




Rushmore is another movie that is awesome. Doesn't Jason Schwartzman look like a completely different person now? HE REALLY DOES. Don't you dare disagree with me! You know I can't defend my opinions!



Okay, I think that's enough. You've probably had to listen to "Read My Mind" three times now. Not that  that's a problem, of course! I'd recommend you listen to it about 7 more times before you force yourself to turn if off so you can go do your evil Spanish homework.

Wish me luck at school tomorrow, similarly school-bound readers and confused but sympathetic parents! Be seeing you!

6 comments:

  1. SADLY, the audio on my computer STILL refuses to work, so I can't actually listen to any of these videos. but I love Ferris Bueller! and I love Freaks and Geeks! with intensity!! and I love Rushmore. so. I think this is probably one of your best posts. ever. of all time. (I almost typed 'thime'. wat?)

    I would comment on the Killers song, but I don't think I know it, and I can't listen to it now, for the aforementioned reason.

    P.S. Haven't finished my hw either. though I have tomorrow to work on it also. Bwahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curse you and your one-day school week D<

    ...but fersrs you rule and thank you for the comment. :D Go find a functioning computer/iPod/radio and listen to "Read My Mind"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have it on my iPod, but I might download it so I can put it on and listen to it. JUST FOR YOU. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking love Read My Mind. It's my favorite Killers song. Bones is my second favorite.

    That's pretty much all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember how "Bones" goes...I'm not actually sure if I've even heard it! o_o But yeah, "Read My Mind" stinking rules. My second favorite is probably "All These Things That I've Done" because I'm boring like that.

    ReplyDelete