Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Super Mario Bros.!

Today is the 25th anniversary of the Japanese (a.k.a. very first) release of Super Mario Bros. on the NES. There are video games before Mario, and video games after Mario. 25 years ago was the day when video games became what we know them to be today: mass market-appealing, well-designed, FUN games.

That being said, I was never a big fan of the traditional Mario games. I had Super Mario Advance; couldn't stand it. UGH, it was hard. I never liked Super Mario 64. SORRY. I did like Super Mario Sunshine though! Although I didn't think it was very good. However, I own and LOVE Super Mario Galaxy, and I love a ton of the spin-offs, too: Mario Tennis, Mario Kart (64, Double Dash!!, and Wii), Mario Party (1, 2, 4) and then things like Super Smash Bros. and the like. (I also own New Super Mario Bros. Wii and I kind of don't like it that much. Although it is fun.)

But even though I'm not the biggest Super Mario fan, it's safe to say that I wouldn't be playing games today without it. So thanks, Super Mario Bros.!

2 comments:

  1. Well, if it wasn't for YOU I wouldn't be playing video games, so I guess I should thank Mario for turning you onto video games to turn me onto video games. Thank you Mario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH THANKS MARIO but your princess is in another castle. :D

    ReplyDelete