Thursday, October 21, 2010

Your Event Has Been Cancelled

This was, unfortunately, the title of an email I was forward today.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have some regrettable news regarding the FALL FORMAL.  As you might know, these past two weeks have been the worst of my life.  To those contributing tribute RECords re: my brother dan, you have my deepest gratitude.

I’m eager to get back to work, but I also feel like I’ve just had an arm chopped off and so I’m finding myself less than capable these days.

I’ve considered various possibilities on how to make the show happen another way – the Town Hall Theater has been so accommodating in figuring this out with us.  But in the end, I just don’t feel up to it right now and have decided to cancel the show.

If it’s any consolation, we hitRECorders can take heart in knowing that our production was on-track to selling all 1500 tickets – a victory in itself well worthy of ice cream.

Chin up, there’s still much to do and a bright future ahead.
Thanks again...
<3 J
JGL posted this on the Hitrecord site today. Unfortunately, due to his brother's untimely and sudden passing, he's not feeling up to putting on this show that I was so looking forward to. (He says this, obviously, but I will say it again for emphasis.)

I'm sad that the show was cancelled, but I can't imagine being in his position right now. If my sister died, I don't know what I'd do, but I definitely wouldn't want to get happy and perform for a bunch of people, either, not so soon after.

We'll all get over it, one of these days.

1 comment: