Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright = Mega-Ton!

Professor Layton And Ace Attorney Co-Starring In Upcoming TitleIt was just announced today at developer Level-5's new game-related press conference that there is a Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney crossover game in the works for the 3DS! Kotaku reports:

Phoenix Wright meet Professor Layton. Capcom's lawyer is going to appear in a game with Level-5's famous puzzle-solving sleuth.
Today in Tokyo, Level-5 revealed a Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover Nintendo 3DS game currently titled "Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney".

Ace Attorney creator Takumi Shuu will be working on the title, and the game's theme will be puzzles that are full of contradictions. Sounds perfect for a legal puzzle mash-up.

The game is set in Labyrinth City. The background is medieval, and the city is populated with witches. The villain is named the "story teller" and whatever he writes with his pen becomes reality.

The in-game trial is called "The Trial of the Witch", since Phoenix Wright's client is accused of being a witch.

While I've never played an entire Phoenix Wright game (our copy was glitchy and then I got one for my sister and I have no idea what she's doing with it now) I love the character and the Professor Layton games. So this is sufficiently exciting! More than sufficient, even!

This crossover is surprisingly perfect. The art styles are really different but I think the two different series can mesh together well.

I guess you guys have to get a 3DS now! I mean, I was always going to get one, but this helps even more. I think the 3DS could be on its way to becoming the GREATEST HANDHELD OF ALL TIME. I am serious. Exciting!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I NEED THIS

    and you have to play Phoenix Wright, it's SO GOOOOD.

    ReplyDelete