Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This Is a Press Conference Of Sorts

My fellow readers --

First of all, I'd like to thank you for accidentally stumbling on my blog. Either that or you're visiting out of pity. Whichever method you've found yourself here by, I thank you.

Today I would like to give my full endorsement to a campaign that I cannot even technically join. It's a Facebook campaign, and I, well, I have my reservations about Facebook. Also, I am less than fond of looking at people's faces. But even though I do not have Facebook, I have a heart. It's very small, but it's there. And it is with a full and proud heart that I spiritually join my formerly much-maligned PopEater's campaign to "Nominate Zach Gilford for an Emmy."


Now, you may be wondering -- who is this Zach Gilford? And when will you make me a sandwich? Well, I would like to educate you. Zach Gilford is one of the stars of Friday Night Lights. Before I was enlightened by PopEater, words that I never thought would come out of my mouth, I had never seen the show before. I did know, however, that it was a teen drama about football, based on a film that may have also been a teen drama about football. I once knew much about the show due to my extensive studies of the teen drama genre, but by the time this campaign came to my attention I remembered but two things: Taylor Kitsch and Texas.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately for those of you unlucky enough to not know who Taylor Kitsch is, knowing these things did not aid me in understanding "The Son," the fantastic episode of FNL that PopEater recommended that I watch. However, my understanding was no longer impaired once I learned to ignore the subplots and realized that the only thing I needed to know was what it's like to lose someone. I can't say that I know how that feels personally, but I can say that I sympathize instantly with anyone who does, especially if that "anyone" is as brilliant as Zach Gilford is in this episode.

Forget what you know, or what you think you know, about Friday Night Lights. Put your reservations aside and watch this episode, "The Son." It may be nearly an hour long, but it really is worth it. And when you're done, I beseech you, please, if you have a Facebook then join the campaign by going here. If you can, join it twice. For me.



P.S. Update on baby deer situation from yesterday: Its mother came and found it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Emmy Nominations come out July 8th. GUYS, WE HAVE TIME.

    Also, I'm SURE I'm gonna have an issue with the Emmy Nominations. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU FRIKKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!
    I LOVE ZACH GILFORD!!!!!!!!!!<3<3<3
    LIKE REALLY! IM SORRY, I JUST NEED TO PUT THIS OUT THERE! HE'S AWESOME! AND THAT EPISODE?! FRIKKIN AMAZING! OMG I'M SO GLAD YOU KNOW WHO ZACH GILFORD IS NOW! :D I'M KIND OF IN LOVE WITH HIM. HE NEEDS TO WIN AN EMMY.

    Alright guys, let's calm down a bit. sheeesh.

    ReplyDelete