Monday, June 28, 2010

Relevant Things Going On in My Life Right Now #3

Right now, there's an adorable baby deer sitting in my backyard. It was there yesterday, too, hiding behind a bush. It's so sad; I think its mother abandoned it. Poor guy. Here's some pictures:



But I guess that's irrelevant. Moving on:
  • BACK TO THE STINKIN' FUTURE ON BLU-RAY: Heck. YEAH. The complete trilogy (Part III included, unfortunately) is coming out in glorious HD this October. The box set will include extras that people actually want to watch, i.e. ERIC STOLTZ AS MARTY FOOTAGE. Excuse me while I locate my time machine. See you four months from now. 
  • New Pokemon Black and White Info: New trailer means more inaccurate guesses and complaints from the fanbase. I like that. Some stuff we know for sure: 3-on-3 battles (o bby o bby), new ugly-as-sin Pokemon (oy gevalt), that the boy trainer's design is adorable and awesome (woot), and a Japanese release date (September 18th, sons). Stuff that only Satoru Iwata and his gigantic bags of money sewn with 10,000 yen notes know: what the "shooter" option means (can we shoot Pokemon trainers now? Because there are times when I've really felt compelled to shoot a brother in his smug face during the game), if HMs will still take up a move slot (they probably will), and if there will be comments in-game that reference the awkwardly mature design of the female player character (I'm dying to know).
  • Steve Carell is leaving The Office: It's super-confirmed now. The thing is, the way he's making it sound is that the show will probably continue without him. I need to check my "Stupidest Things Ever" book; just a moment...yep, this one's definitely in there. Seriously. The crud is that? "I think it's just a dynamic change to the show, which could be a good thing, actually. Add some new life and some new energy...I see it as a positive in general for the show," says Steve the Psycho. His publicists are probably feeding him these lines, because there is no way any sane person can believe that. The Office is (or was) specifically about the shenanigans that went on in an office as spearheaded by their wacky ringleader, the Boss. If the Boss leaves, what do we have? And to think, I was telling myself that The Office was getting better. Let's move on before this rant gets mondo-sized and I start saying things I'll regret.
  • The Boondocks: I've been watching it recently. It's actually pretty hilarious. People seem to think it's pretty racist, but I think it's just satirizing mainstream African-American culture. I've only seen three or four episodes, but last week's, "Pause," is my favorite, and is also a good and really hilarious example of this. Here's a clip because I love you:
      
  • Kevin Smith: I randomly decided to start reading about him today. I can't say I like him very much, although I don't think I've actually ever seen any of his films. My one effort to watch Clerks: The Animated Series was thwarted by my disapproving sister. CURSES! I kinda want to see Dogma, and Chasing Amy is supposed to be pretty good. And Jersey Girl, I've learned, is just as terrible as its namesake, New Jersey. I really hate New Jersey! Sorry.
  • New seasons of Intervention and Obsessed: They start TONIGHT, guys! On A&E! Starting with Intervention at 9! I'm so excited, I'm shaking in my SCRAM bracelet and "I Heart Ken Seeley" T-shirt. My girl Lindsay Lohan is coming over; we're going to watch it together. I tried to invite Justin B., too, but he's busy prepping for that dang Macy's Fireworks show or whatever. Fine, JB, you do your little show, but when you come scurrying back to me after you've realized all your friends have left you, don't expect me to bake you any cookies. Not that I can, anyway. Oven's broken.
Quick request before I go back to sweating heavily while watching my Intervention/Obsessed marathon: anyone here know Photoshop and want to make this site a cute little banner? My Photoshop skills are awful. Plus, I only have Elements. If you make me a banner I'll add you to my "will bake cookies" list! That's a huge honor, you know. Just leave a comment and let me know.

    5 comments:

    1. Well heck yeah it was "thwarted by [your] disapproving sister" (though I have no recollection of this happening), it looks like unfunny, back-patting crapola. Sorry.

      ReplyDelete
    2. "Because there are times when I've really felt compelled to shoot a brother in his smug face during the game" I laughed so freaking hard at that.

      You're an amazing person. I miss you, let's hang out.

      ReplyDelete
    3. @Alexa: "Back-patting?" And it's okay, not that interested in it anyway.
      @Blaire: LET'S :D Can we please make Inception-seeing plans, laiiiik, now?

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh. I guess JB was too busy AT MY HOUSE WATCHING THE MARATHON WITH ME! Ooo sorry. I'll give you some ice for that burn on Thursday.

      Oh and btw, we ate cookies together. Ouch sorry that was a low blow HA HA HA!

      ReplyDelete
    5. SANG-MI, WOULD YOU STOP STEALING JUSTIN BIEBER FROM ME?! SHEESH!

      ReplyDelete