Thursday, June 17, 2010

The End of E3/Making a Sandwich!

So today was the last day of E3 2010. This year's show was pretty grand, although most of the really cool announcements came from first parties. Third parties were pretty meh this year, for the most part. But Nintendo was so excellent and announced so much cool stuff that they made up for everyone!

There isn't too much to report from these last two days, but I would recommend you look at this thread from my best friend (next to my kitty cat) NeoGAF. It's hilarious and shows you all the cool moments from E3 in .gif form! Yay.

Oh, and also, um, the biggest revelation of the last two days is that Kinect pretty much doesn't work unless you're standing up. LAME!

So, E3 was great fun. I'm already itching for next year's! I love E3. So. Much.

But now let's talk about Lady Gaga.

After hearing my sister sing it over and over for the last couple of days, I decided that it was time I watch the video for "Telephone." Here it is!



Um, I think I like "Paparazzi" better. But this song is pretty stinking catchy. Things I like in random order: how horrible Beyonce's acting is, the "LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH" part, the cigarette sunglasses, the fact that, according to my sister, that girl whose butt Beyonce's...whoever that guy is to her smacks, the Asian one, apparently says (in her subtitles) "One Piece!", the dancing in the scene right after they kill everyone when they're in that room with all the dead people, and that part when Gaga's bailed out by Beyonce and before she leaves the jail she strokes her hair and gives that little smile and wink. It's pretty funny.

Of course, most people see Beyonce's "Video Phone" as the response or sequel or sister video of "Telephone," so here it is, too.



Both the video and the song are pretty awful. I like the synchronized dancing and Beyonce's many, many weaves. That's about it. I mean, it's catchy, but it sucks. Are you HEARING the lyrics, my darlings? No line in this farce rivals the sheer magic of "STOP CALLIN' STOP CALLIN' I DON'T WANNA TALK ANYMORE." Not a single one.

Enjoy those random, not-at-all-E3-related videos. Try to, anyway. You'll probably like them better if you keep them open in a separate tab and just listen to them.

Gifs! 
Photobucket

"I GOT MAH HEAD AND MAH HEART ON THE DANCEFLOOR!"

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. here is the "telephone" video i keep telling you to watch.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHXgFU7qNI

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-H43PcgFs
    mine is sooooooo much better,
    i want to be just like this guy (JK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the videos, kids. This was me during both of them:

    http://www.gifsoup.com/view/759040/telephone-o.gif

    ReplyDelete