Saturday, December 18, 2010

Moody Dudes

I've been saving that name for FOREVER. Isn't that just a perfect band/album/song name? Yes. It is.

Anyway, I'm tired/annoyed so here are just some songs to listen to and think about:

"You Love Me" by DeVotchKa



"When you said you loved me, I thought you loved me." Included on the soundtrack to Little Miss Sunshine, one of my favorite cinematic worlds to get lost in.

"I Can See Your Tracks" by Laura Veirs



"Oh, I can see your tracks, but I won't follow them. I'll just hope for rain, or some kind of crazy wind, to erase them, and chase them into oblivion." It's on a cell phone commercial of some kind, but don't let that deter you from listening to this beautiful song...It's currently the most-played track on my new computer, an easy feat when every other song has been listened to a grand total of zero times.

"Between the Bars" by Elliott Smith



"I'll kiss you again, between the bars." Well, this is perfect.

"Go On, Say It" by Blind Pilot



"A hitchhiker once told me I don't talk a lot. Made me feel fine, made me quiet." That line is one of my favorites out of any song that I've heard. I wish I had written that. I wish I was talented enough to write anything half this great.

"Ghost Town" by First Aid Kit



"If you've got visions of the past, let them follow you down. They'll come back to you, some day." I've been singing this line a lot lately. (I am by no stretch of the imagination a "good" singer so I probably am doing a disservice to the song by singing it.) Just wonderful.

"So Nice So Smart" by Kimya Dawson



"You're so nice and you're so smart." For some reason I started thinking about this song a lot lately, despite not having heard it since whenever the last time I watched Juno was (at least a year ago). Something about it just really stuck with me. It's very simple, very listenable. (Not to mention the silly "I like my new bunny suit, when I wear it I look cute" line that I also like a lot.)

Guess I could have made a much easier to listen to playlist but I'm feeling difficult. Good night.

4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome playlist. I love all of these songs. <3 Well, I don't know the DeVotchKa one, but I'll have to listen to it.

    Just one thing: in the Laura Veirs song it's "some kind of crazy wind" (since she said "rain" before already).

    I hope you feel less tired/annoyed tomorrow. Uh, today. It's late. I should sleep. Because I am also tired. I think I'll do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for correcting me, as you seem to often do, much to my personal betterment.

    It's "tomorrow" now and I am slightly less annoyed, so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'rce...welcome? I hope I don't do too much correcting. :/

    Yay, less annoyance! :D I'm kind of annoyed right now, just because of all that debate stuff I was telling you about. Urgh. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of my friends messaged me about these songs yet, I hate everything. P.S. check out that new profile pic of mine. So ILL be sad and YOU watch.

    ReplyDelete