Friday, December 3, 2010

Lesson in Latin

Today is (was?) my 17th birthday. Yay me!

I'm tired and unfortunately have a Latin SAT 2 to  study for. Blargh. Thankfully IFC read my mind (as TV just loves me in general) and decided to play Life of Brian, which has a truly hilarious -- and helpful! -- scene in which Brian's Latin is corrected by a Roman official...



This scene is funny but especially so when you've experienced this for yourself. Latin is awesome but when you're a first year student who never was properly taught the mechanics of ENGLISH, let alone some archaic dead language, it's a pain. Imperatives and locatives and indicatives and datives...blah.

Sed iam, eo facere meum laborem. (But now, I am going to do my work.) Lame that I have to work on my birthday.

I think I'm just going to read my brand spanking new copy of Freedom by Jonathan Franzen instead. Tee-hee. :P

2 comments:

  1. Happy 17th Birthday girl! :-)
    Ditto to your sis :-)
    moi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that was great. That is exactly how I act when Ms. Cella calls on me. Uhhh Uhhh dative, no ablative, no accusative! Hahaha good times. "Well Sang-Mi, Let's look at the latin. What does the latin say?"

    ReplyDelete