Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Quickie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1

I went to see it tonight, and it was so good! Here's my five-star review:

I think I may be closer to a 4.5 on this one, but I really did love it, and would rank it up there with 1 and 3. It did feel like there was more "exposition" (even though these movies abandoned trying to re-familiarize audiences with the overarching plot about 3/4 movies ago, which is both good and bad) than actual action but I enjoyed it as a more character-driven story than other movies were. I really love the interaction between our main gang, especially Harry and Hermione and Ron and Hermione (I just love Hermione), and it was nice seeing pretty much all of our favorite characters again, even briefly (LUPIN HI LUPIN...WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOING COME BACK AND BE IN THE WHOLE MOVIE PLEASE he looked really good in this movie, I feel like he's decreasing in age or something). This movie was SO BEAUTIFUL, I really felt like saying "wow" the whole time. The colors and the locations were great. Those HP kids better be grateful that they got to see all of these amazing places. The ending felt a bit odd; "No, Harry, I can't help Dobby, we haven't reached our death quota yet! And also it would be a perfectly sad way to end this movie! So let's end it now! Predictably! But let's also remind people that this is TBC by showing Voldemort! Yay!" Also I haven't read the book since it came out so the movie was a bit hard to follow at times, but even so this felt like one of the most succinct (despite its running time) films in the series, as well as the most engaging, and I'm SO READY for Part 2!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Allegs, you posted this at 11:11pm. Crazy. Anyways, WHY DIDN'T MY EMAIL TELL ME YOU WROTE THIS POST?!?!?! I would've commented on it instantly! I LOVED HARRY POTTER 7!!!!!!!!!!!!! so good. Totally agree with everything you said. I love Hermione. She's awesome. Emma Watson looked gorgeous in this movie. Love her. The movie was quite stunning too, the whole colors thing you were talking about, good stuff. I'm so ready for Part Dos! LET'S GO!!!!!!! omg i forgot to mention Ron/Rupert Grint! He was just amazing in this movie. He looked huge! in the good way. his shoulders? gorgeous. The scene when he left Harry and Hermione, i was like, "NO! RON! HERMIONE LOVES YOU! DON'T LEAVE! AHHHHHHHHH!" The whole gang is just awesome.

    SaNg-Mi KaRa BoRnEmAn <- annoying right? I just wanna punch people who write like that in the face. k bye!

    ReplyDelete